Friday, January 12, 2007

School Lunch

Last year, school lunches were fairly simple. I made J.'s lunch everyday except pizza day or beef & cheese nacho day, when he would buy. Without fail. Now that M. has joined the school scene, we've gotten a little more adventuresome on which days school lunch will be bought. M. has done a lot to help J. get out of his "Monkishness" and try some new things. (By the way, Monk starts again next Friday night on USA, if you're interested.)

Anyway, this new spirit of adventure was the reason the boys decided to try meatball subs yesterday for lunch. I thought it sounded pretty good. So, when I picked them up and we were driving to piano lessons, I asked them how lunch was. Both agreed that the meatball subs were good. Or to quote M. "Mmmmmm!" with raised eyebrows.

Then J. told me, "It was good, but one of my meatballs fell out and rolled on the floor."

Then M. said, "Yeah, my sub exploded and all my meatballs fell out, but they landed on my tray."

I started laughing. And couldn't stop. I just got this image of about 400 elementary kids at lunch with exploding sandwiches and meatballs rolling all around the cafeteria. Bet they rethink that lunch idea.

No comments: