Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Baked With Love

My son said that he thinks his mom makes the best cupcakes in the world. Poor child. He doesn’t realize that I only ever make them from cake mixes. But the fact that he likes my easy little cake mix cupcakes better than store bought beauties says something besides the taste, I guess. I think it’s the fact that I actually baked them just for him to take to his Christmas party at school that he likes. And that’s priceless. But I still can’t help wondering what he’d say if I ever took the time to make him some real, from scratch cupcakes. If I didn’t have fifteen pounds still to lose, I’d make my mom’s One, Two, Three, Four Coconut cake that takes 3 days or so to make but is absolutely delicious. Then again, once he tastes that, his love for my easy bake cake mixes might just wane. I think we’ll be easy baking this Christmas. I wouldn’t want to have to up the bar for future cupcake needs, you see.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm giggling madly at the differences between sweet little boys and girls...you'll see why over at my blog.