Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunday Goodness

I am so thankful for my church family. Our pastor faithfully opens God’s word and preaches truth to us week in and week out. Sometimes what he shares is hard truth, hard to hear, but God grants him the faithfulness to teach it straight. Today’s sermon pierced my heart. May I take it to heart as I live out the weeks to come and not just leave it there in the pew.

Our Sunday School class began The Truth Project today, and, wow. It is going to be a great study. I am so excited. I’ve wanted to go through this study ever since I heard about it over a year ago. We are having to take 24 weeks rather than the 12 it should take because we do not have a long enough time in the Sunday School hour to give it what it needs, but it will be worth the time spent. We watch the video one week and discuss it the next. I am excited to review what we learned and pondered today and think about it this week to prepare for the discussion next week. Good stuff. May I apply it well.

On Tuesday we get to start our women’s Bible study, looking at Becoming a Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald. I am so excited to meet with the ladies who have decided to join us. May it be a precious time of studying from God’s word what it means to be a woman of excellence. I really pray that each lady involved will come to a deeper understanding of God and develop a deeper love for learning and studying and applying His word. May it be so, Lord!

When God tells us in His word not to forsake the gathering together of believers, He is telling us something that is for our very good. The encouragement to grow in faith is so strong on Sunday and the time to worship God together with other believers is sweet, a mere glimpse of the glory Heaven must be with the throngs of the redeemed worshiping the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. How thankful I am that God allowed us to quickly find this gathering of believers when we moved here. We needed the balm to our souls that these dear brothers and sisters bring. I pray we are a blessing as well, and that we will learn to step out of our comfort zone and be blessings to others, in the power of the resurrected Christ in us – Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Drew and I were talking about how hard it will be to leave here next summer. For now, I want to be faithful where we are and trust God to lead us to the right place when it is time to go. For now, I am really loving the joy of fellowshipping with our family here.

No comments: