Saturday, October 10, 2009

Believing the Truth

"What we believe about God is crucial because it affects what we believe about everything else. A distorted or damaged view of God will distort the way we see everything and everyone around us." - From: Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

We are inundated from all sides by wrong views of God, even from some supposedly Christian sources. It is so important to fill our minds and hearts with God's word and to run everything we hear through a biblical filter.

I am benefitting from reading this book. I know there will be some things in later chapters that I'm pretty sure I'll have to wrestle with, but the first few chapters have been very helpful to me. I mentioned in an earlier post that I had been struggling with a bit of a low time, and it has been very helpful to be reminded to examine my thought patterns and try to discern the lies I may have bought that could be feeding that lowness. I have especially liked her discussion about the lies we often unconciously believe about God and how to combat those lies with the truth revealed in His word, the Bible.

No comments: