Friday, October 03, 2008

Cleaning and Waiting

Someone is coming to look at our house today at 2pm. Someone else came on Wednesday. The only feedback we got on that visit was that they loved the bonus room (Thank You, Lord, that the 3 1/2 days spent cleaning it were worth it) but did not like the size of the back yard. We weren't sure what to make of that. Our back yard is pretty big for houses in this area - maybe they want something smaller with less upkeep?

Anyway, I'm glad we've been consistent with keeping the clutter maintained and all I have to do now is mop the kitchen and wipe down the bathrooms and then take the dog and Boo and find somewhere to go for a while this afternoon. I think we'll go to Sonic for a diet cherry Coke. Haven't mentioned those in a while, have I? I hope they'll be gone by the time I have to be back to meet the boys when the bus comes. I may be hovering around the bus stop today.

So far I have not been anxious about the house selling at this not-so-opportune time of the year and volatile economic conditions. Ask me how I'm doing with that closer to December, but today I am praising the Lord for this. I tend to struggle with anxiety over big things. But I know that no matter what the economy is doing or what else is going on around us, God is in control. The house will sell in His time, and for that I pray. And I pray for the grace and wisdom to trust Him through the whole process, whether His timetable looks like mine or not. I've already been tested a little in this, but He is faithful. And He is good all the time.

So, I clean and I wait.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

No comments: