Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thankful Thoughts

At the church we have been visiting the past several weeks, the pastor is preaching through the book of Acts. Sunday we reached chapter 15 and the Jerusalem council. I really love this passage, especially where the apostle James quotes the prophet Amos:

Acts 15:16-17
“After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
So that the rest of mankind may seek the LORD,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the LORD who does all these things.”

This being the month when Rebecca from Rebecca Writes is encouraging many bloggers to post things for which they are thankful, I have to say I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that I, a sinner and a Gentile, am allowed access to Holy, Holy, Holy God through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amazing, amazing, matchless, marvelous grace. May I never, never outlive my love for this Savior who has cleansed me by His blood shed for me. Praise Him, oh, praise Him that I was given the opportunity to hear the Gospel! I am so thankful for His word and the ability to read it and know Him and love Him and obey His word and rejoice in the Lord, again, I say, Rejoice!

May I grow in thankfulness to my glorious Savior. May I grow in compassion for the people around me who still need to hear the gospel. May I let my light so shine before men that Christ would be exalted in all I say and do. I want to live a life of gratitude for the great salvation I’ve been granted. Praise God, thank God for Jesus, the light of the world who has brought me out of darkness and made me to walk in the light of a covenant relationship with the Creator of all. Amazing, amazing grace.

We also sang this song on Sunday, which is becoming a favorite of mine of the newer worship songs from Hillsong:

Worthy is the Lamb

Thank You for the cross, Lord
Thank You for the price You paid
Bearing all my sin and shame
In love You came
And gave amazing grace

Thank you for this love Lord
Thank you for the nail pierced hands
Washed me in Your cleansing flow
Now all I know
Your forgiveness and embrace

Worthy is the Lamb
Seated on the throne
Crown You now with many crowns
You reign victorious
High and lifted up
Jesus Son of God
The Treasure of Heaven crucified
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb

No comments: