Saturday, July 25, 2009

Apartment Living

Living in an apartment isn't really all that bad. We knew when we moved here that, Drew being Army and all, we're only here temporarily, so rather than buy a house while our SC house is STILL on the market (come October it will be a year), we decided to just rent an apartment. And as apartments go, ours is spacious and pretty nice.

But. One thing I don't so much like is that when my neighbors cook a certain something, my house smells like tator tots for days. I'm not sure what it is they are cooking over there, but, somehow what starts coming through our air vents is distinctly "tator tot." And, whatever it is that they are cooking, they must like it a lot because my house fairly regularly smells of tator tots. Especially the guest bathroom. It seems to have the strongest blast of tator totliness smell.

Drew thinks I'm weird. Well, a lot of people think I'm weird, but that's another post for another day. He thinks I'm weird on this issue, because he doesn't smell the tator tots. I am constantly asking if he smells it, and he thinks I am losing my mind. Then again, he doesn't smell poop (dog or Boo variety) nearly as soon as I do, either. I am blessed, nay cursed, with a very sensitive sense of smell.

Speaking of poop, you would think that with two children successfully potty trained by the age of three that I would be something of a potty training expert. You would think wrongly. While Boo is beginning to get it and we are seeing some hope, we are slow going in that department. I do lots of laundry.

Maybe she just doesn't like the tator tot smell in the bathroom.

No comments: