Monday, July 06, 2009

Feeling Crummy

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, though I might feel better if I were to. Summer cold/flu is the worst. It started Saturday night with headache and general unspecified achiness and ickiness, and by Sunday morning I had to stay home from church with fever and headache and chesty cough. Not feeling any better today and fever's higher. I would try to be poetic or prosaic, but I just don't feel like it. I don't know if I'm ever going to get back to blogging. Guess I'm calling the doctor tomorrow if I don't feel better. Bummer.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures from our early July 4th celebration. They had fireworks at the Arch Friday and Saturday night, and we decided at the last minute to go on Friday because the weather was looking bad for the rest of the weekend. In fact, we almost didn't go at all because we weren't sure how Boo would do with the late night. We had a great time, but she's been cranky the past couple of nights as pay back.

There were tons of people there and we went first to the Arch and let Boo and the boys 'touch the rainbow arch' - which Boo is always wanting to do and explored the museum for a while then went down closer to the river for the fireworks show. The boys can now say they have actually touched the Mississippi River. Woo-hoo! Simple things amuse me.....

Here are some pictures and then I'm going back to my post on the couch with my ice water, cough drops and Tylenol.

Touching the Arch - Boo's dream come true


Cool statue of Lewis and Clark in the Missippi River



Boom!

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

Hope you're feeling better! Summer colds are the WORST!