Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's Cold, Y'all

My son looked at the thermometer this morning and told me it was 43 degrees. I said, "Sure felt a lot colder when I let Roscoe out a little while ago." He looked again, grinned and said, "Oh...it's 4.3 degrees. Didn't notice the decimal." Pesky things, decimals.

Wimpy Florida girl mom drove to the bus stop this morning. "Feels like" temperature was minus 7. That's just too cold to walk up the hill.

Just came in from the grocery shopping. Hands are finally thawing after my second cup of hot tea this morning. Making my third while I put away the groceries and listen to Alistair Begg preaching about thankfulness. I'm thankful for a warm house and hot tea this morning. And I'm thankful that the cold reminds me of my little bulbs freezing away under the ground getting ready to be beautiful come spring.

More than that, I'm thankful for our gracious God who in His mercy and love has saved me from the agony of my sin and reconciled me to Himself. Christmas is such a wonderful time to reflect on the awesome fact that Jesus came and veiled His glory in human flesh, God With Us, Immanuel, born under the shadow of the Cross, the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world, the life that is the Light of men, the very Word, and has redeemed a people unto Himself. Glory to God in the Highest!


No comments: