Thursday, April 07, 2011

Men and Women Are Different

This is one of those days I wish I’d not read the news. I don’t always. Lots of days I go about my little life blissfully ignorant of what the national news media is going on about. For some reason today I paid attention. Now is when the rubber meets the road, so to speak, and I get to practice what I preach about anxiousness and where I truly place my trust. We’re an Army family. I’m a stay-at-home mom, so my husband’s Army paycheck is our sole income. Nothing like hearing we may not get paid this month to give me a little reality check about where I’m really placing my trust for my daily bread and about how earthly minded I am.


I’m really thankful for the fact that men and women are different. Abrupt segue, I guess, but here’s why: I, being the member of this marriage who is more prone to be crippled by emotions, called my husband after reading that distressing bit of ‘news,’ and he was able to talk me down. He’s not worried. He’s much more able to get above the emotion and the political hype and told me this is exactly how ‘they’ want me to feel.


I know I’m not to live by emotions. I know I am to trust the Lord to take care of us. And I do trust Him. Right now I’m struggling a little with remembering not to worry about tomorrow because it hasn’t even come yet, but I’m thankful that my husband is who he is and that he is able to balance out my emotional response.

1 comment:

StarCMC said...

Rebekah - I am praying for your family and the families of all the troops who are facing this.