Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fifteen Years

In some ways it doesn't seem like it could possibly have been fifteen years already, while in others it seems like I've known Drew forever, but today we celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I've often said that I think the best part of my life has been since high school, and Drew is the main reason I feel that way.

We met at church in Gainesville, FL, when I was a junior at the University of Florida and he was a first year graduate student. He says he had to ask me out three times before I realized he really meant it. I don't remember it that way, but, it's been fifteen years, after all. Anyway, once we did start dating, pretty much everyone that knew us at church believed we would eventually get married. Many people told us that after we announced our engagement, and it turns out they were right!

Drew is a truly special and kind man, and I am so blessed and grateful to share my life with him. He understands me in a way no one else does, I think, and even when he doesn't understand, he tries awfully hard to, and that means a lot. He's a great husband, great dad, great provider for our family, and I am so thankful I can really say that my best friend is my husband. God has richly blessed the time we've had together, and I pray I will be the wife he deserves to have.

Thank you for a wonderful 15 years, Drew, and I look forward to however long the Lord grants us together. And thank you for putting up with my stressy self during this move. Once we're all done, I so look forward to having you home more. I love you, Drew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary......and I think although I am not sure....it has been a LONG time....I think I met drew once or twice many moons ago. I am so glad you and Drew have weathered the storms of life 15 years bring. My hubby and I have been married 9 years and 3 months..