Saturday, May 29, 2010

Much Food For Thought

I read this by R.C. Sproul, Jr. the other day about Facebook and it was convicting to me. So much so that I turned the computer completely off yesterday, and don't plan on being on much today at all, either. I enjoy Facebook, but it can very easily become, at the very least, a time drainer and distraction from more important things each day. At the most, I uncomfortably found that I could relate to the 10 things he discussed about Facebook on various levels. Basically he's taking a look at our use of Facebook through the lens of the Ten Commandments, and it's not a bad idea to be more purposeful in looking at what we do and why we do it and how it's affecting our heart. And, as he rightly says, you can apply these to pretty much everything in the exercise of recognizing the wickedness and deceitfulness of the heart.

So, I'm pondering my use of time - on the computer and off - and finding that some real changes must be made. If I can't use Facebook and blogging in a good way or they become too important to me, it will be time to turn them off completely.

Glad I read that post. Much housecleaning to be done.


No comments: