Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some Random Thoughts

I’d like to get back to blogging more often. I just finished backing up my blog. Every so often I copy everything into my journal file on my computer just in case something happens to Blogger (oops, typed Blooger again). I know most of my posts are rambling, but I work hard on them and they are meaningful to me even if no one else cares and I’d like to not lose them. Anyway, I’d gotten behind by about 5 months and that was a chore, let me tell you. But it did make me remember why I blog and want to get back to it on a more regular basis. Facebook seems to have put a crimp in my real blogging.


The boys’ last day of school was today! Summer vacation is officially here. We celebrated by meeting Drew at Sonic and having some ice cream. Now that they’re home, I may have to be creative about finding time to blog, but I still want to get back to it.


The boys wanted to go swimming this afternoon, but something is wrong with me I think. I am so tired so much of the time these days and I just didn’t want to swim today. Cup of coffee this afternoon is helping some. During the pregnancy and miscarriage in February they did find something off with my thyroid numbers, so I’m going to be getting that looked at now that my hormones are back to normal. As normal as they ever are with me anyway. I’m waiting until the move, though. No time to get anything going here now. TMI, I know....


I think I’m just now coming up from a bit of a low time, too. Things are looking sunnier all of a sudden. I think the miscarriage hit me in ways I haven’t even begun to recognize, and that’s just how it is. I have tried not to talk about it and the lows too often because I don’t want to drive people away, but I know some of the tiredness stems from all the residual stuff of such things. God is good all the time, and I am so thankful for the hope, real and living hope I have to cling to everyday. Life is good. It’s not always easy, but it’s good. But that may be one reason it's I haven't had much blogging going on lately.


Some of the lows are also related to the coming move, I think. I feel myself pulling back and feeling more emotionally distant as the date looms closer. I don’t like to be that way, but sometimes I can’t help it. One of the hardest things about moving is the unsettled feelings immediately before and after. Again, God is in control and it will all be good. I’m excited about the move, but not excited about having to say farewell. You all know how I am about goodbyes, right? I’ll have to post some pictures of the new house soon. That’s exciting.


I’ve decided I tend to over think things. A lot. I don’t think I’m going to change. Just pointing it out is all.


I’m reading an interesting book these days. Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World by John MacArthur. Interesting and timely for us as we will be starting that journey to find a new church soon. Praying we look at the right things.


I’m looking forward to some fun things to do with the kids this summer. For my Mythbusters loving boys I’m going to pull out some books of science experiments that we have and plan to do one (or more) each week. Also plan to take them swimming and not be the bummer I was this afternoon. :-) I need to plan well, however. I know from experience I often have good ideas but am not so good at follow-through. I also want to continue reading the book series we’ve been reading for what seems like forever with them and move on to something new.


And that’s about it for now. Didn’t really mean this post to be a downer. I don’t feel all that down. Feeling better, even, now that the caffeine is kicking in. I probably ought to kick the caffeine habit, but I probably won’t. :-)


Now it’s time to get ready for the spaghetti supper at church and Awana end of the year thing.


No comments: