Thursday, February 03, 2011

Status Report - February 2011

Thanking Lisa once again for her most useful status report format.


Sitting....at the computer desk in my kitchen with my ice cold hands. This has got to be one of the winteriest of winters I’ve ever experienced.


Eating....nothing. But I just finished having a lunch of spinach, carrot sticks, celery sticks and raw broccoli. Livin’ high on the hog ‘round here today.


Drinking.... “Sweet” iced tea, sweetened with Sweet-N-Low, but just put the tea pot on so I can make a nice cup of hot Constant Comment tea. Got to warm up these icicles I call fingers somehow.


Craving....a diet Coke. It's been over two weeks since I gave them up and gave up aspartame and Splenda, and even though the joint pain I was experiencing in my feet has subsided a whole lot in that two weeks, making me pretty sure those things were the culprits just as I'd suspected, I still crave diet Coke. Crazy.


Mistaken....when I thought my thermometer must be broken the other day. It read 96.5, and that just seemed low so I thought maybe it’s time to buy a new thermometer. When I was at the doctor’s office on Monday to try to find out why I have so much pressure and fluid in my ears, my temperature was 96 there, too. So, if I register 98.6, am I technically running a fever? No wonder I’m so cold all the time.


Lesson learned.....never, ever take Sudafed right before bed time.


Enjoying....the fact that though it snowed furiously all day yesterday, none of it stuck. Woo-hoo! Nice to see something other than white out there again. Could it be a sign spring might actually come one day?


Pleased....that after two weeks of consciously monitoring the calories I consume, I seem to have lost 5 pounds. This is huge, since I’ve not seen the scale needle move leftward in a long time.


Pondering...on Philippians 1:27-30, specifically about letting my manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ. Much to ponder and pray earnestly about in Philippians chapter one where I’ve spent the past 5 weeks memorizing. I want so much to be changed because of this concentrated time focusing on the Word and learning to pray more intently.


Thinking....what my life would be like if I truly mentally acknowledged that HOLINESS TO THE LORD should be written across it, just as the High Priest wore as I read in Exodus yesterday morning.


Wondering...why it is that just when I get serious about memorizing scripture and praying more intently I seem to get hit with a serious bout of the blues.


Thankful....that my salvation is not dependent on my emotions or ability to ‘feel it’, but on Christ’s extreme faithfulness to His promise - His finished work of redemption. Gospel living means trusting Him even when I feel nothing, but knowing, yes KNOWING, that it is only by His grace that I can live the life that is worthy of the gospel and be filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God, and He will bring to completion what He has begun in me for His glory. Yes and amen.


Ending....this post so I can go exercise for a bit. **Well, exercise was the plan. It's been a while since I posted that and I haven't gotten to it yet. Still a little time left this afternoon.....

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

So thankful also that my salvation is dependent on the finished work of Christ, to the praise of His glory! Yes and amen!