Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for warmer weather. It was about 70 degrees yesterday and high 60’s and windy today. We’re expecting rain tonight, but I’m sooooooo thankful it is not snow.


I’m thankful for the good time my son and daughter and I had walking around the neighborhood yesterday as my boy was trying to sell candy bars for a fundraiser.


I’m thankful for the neighbors who were kind when they chose to open their door to this kid selling candy bars and were nice to him. It’s sure I’ve bought my fair share of neighbor kids’ fundraiser items in my time.


I’m thankful for sidewalk chalk. What fun.


I’m thankful for the lively imagination of my little 4-year-old daughter. She makes life sparkle around here. Actually all three of our kids make our life sparkle in some way.


I’m thankful my son was able to spell all of his spelling words when I quizzed him today. You have no idea......


I’m thankful for Philippians 2:5-11. Read it, you’ll see why.


I’m thankful my husband got home safely from last weekend’s business trip, and I’m thankful for Thursday evening....the first evening of the week when no one in the family has anything we have to do in the evening.


I'm thankful for my husband, who loves me in spite of my faults. He demonstrates unconditional love toward me, and I am blessed to be his wife.


I’m thankful for the healing that time brings. I accidentally walked down the baby aisle at the grocery store one day over the weekend and had a small little twinge when it suddenly occurred to me what was happening during this weekend last year, but God’s grace has brought peace and acceptance and, yes, even joy and that little walk down the baby aisle resulted in a time to thank God for His blessings, of which there are so very, very many.


I’m thankful to be able to put dinner on the table for the family for whom I am also thankful. Chicken quesadillas and fiesta rice tonight. Must go get it onto that table right now.

No comments: