Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful that it was my last day of my two month jury duty. The judge said today as he was dismissing us that he hoped it had been an eye-opening experience and that we can appreciate better what a necessary service it is to our community. It was definitely an eye-opening experience, that’s for sure. I’m thankful I got to participate, though, and I’m thankful to be finished today, too.


I’m thankful for the rain we are receiving today.


I’m very thankful for men of God who faithfully open His word and teach it well. I’ve been listening to John MacArthur preach on the Lordship of Christ, and it has been refreshment for my soul and mind.


Even more than that, I am thankful that I have God’s word translated into my language and that I can hold in my hands and read and study it. More and more, I am growing weary and distressed with books about Christianity and faith that are not biblically sound, and there are so many of them capturing our attention, ladies. May we be satisfied in Christ, and to seek to know His word with intensity and devotion. It is His word that is the word of life, dig in and feast there, my friends. It is so worth the hard work and time to read and study the Bible. It is in saturating our minds with the truth that we can recognize the error that is so prevalent in Christian books and blogs and thinking anymore as the Holy Spirit opens our understanding and love for Christ and turns our thinking to a biblical and God-honoring way of viewing all things. Let us seek not to be looking for the next emotional high or method or some new thing, but let us ground ourselves in the riches and depth of God’s word and learn to be satisfied in what He has revealed to us. He has spoken to us in His word. Let us drink deeply at the well of the word of life.


1 comment:

Lisa Hellier said...

Absolutely worth the hard work and time to read and study. I agree with you heartily! Believers should be about the work of eradicating Biblical poverty, not contributing to it.