Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fear Not

"And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 10:28-33

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

When things seem darkest here, we are not left without hope. Jesus is the light of the world. He is the anchor for the soul who lashes his or her life to Him.

On a day when we remember a dark day in our country's life, when we weep with those who weep and mourn with those who mourn, amid calls to never forget, may this be at the forefront of our minds to never forget:

"This is my Father's world
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:

Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King; let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let the earth be glad!"

No comments: