Monday, December 04, 2006

Why I Changed My Name

The tea is just a tad lemony today. I made the decision last night to move the blog to a new site, change my name, and add a little more anonymity. I've taken a bit of a bloggy break for a few days, too, because my last couple of posts (now deleted) were kind of cranky.

I've been a little bit down lately for a couple of reasons. First of all, once Boo quit nursing for good, I was hit with a slump, and that really surprised me. I had a touch of baby blues after both boys were born - nothing serious, but it was there - and I thought I'd escaped that with my third. But apparently it just waited until she quit nursing to settle over me like a light fog.

Then there are the people who don't have enough to do, so they have to take it out on the rest of us. I used to work for a parachurch organization before kids came along. People used to call in to complain about the most nitpicky things or to try and make extra and unnecessary work for us. My boss would be so kind and gracious on the phone and then hang up and say, "Some people don't have enough to do." I would agree because I was usually the one who had passed the call back to her after having dealt with the person myself. I'm new to this whole bloggy world, but I'm finding that apparently there are people who have nothing better to do than to troll around to other people's sites and either leave weird comments or start arguments with blog owners with whom they disagree and enter into endless, fruitless discussion. After a conversation with someone about my site, I almost quit blogging. I was just so depressed over the whole thing. But I decided that rather than quit and give up something I've really been enjoying, I'd just edit my posts and become a little more anonymous.

Lord, help my stinky attitude today. Help me not be negative, depressed, or critical. Let me be a woman who will project Your joy!

No comments: