Thursday, November 30, 2006

He Knows the Days of My Life

Psalm 139:13-16:

"For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You.
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them."

Hebrews 7:25:

"Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them."

It is supremely, deeply comforting to know that Jesus is able to save to the uttermost. My hope, my faith, my trust is in Christ. How awesome is it to think that He is ever interceding for His own - those who come to God through Him.

It is also supremely, deeply comforting to know that the very days of my life are written by the One who created me. I believe that means not only that He knows how many days I will have, but also that He knows the details of each one of those days. He is sovereign. Nothing surprises Him. He doesn't say, "Oops." He is in control, and His will shall be accomplished.

Because He knows the very days of my life, though I may face a trial that is difficult or unexpected to me, I can rest in the knowledge that Jesus, my savior, is already interceding for me and the Holy Spirit has sealed me and will keep me and grant me the faith to persevere to the end. He is able to save to the uttermost. By His grace, there is no heartache that He will not give me the strength in that moment to endure. He will hold His children - those who come to God through Christ. Praise God today for grace. May I never forget what a gift it is, for I am a sinner. My prayer is ever, "Be merciful to me, a sinner." And He is. Praise His name, He is.

No comments: