Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve

Psalm 100
Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
Things I'm thankful for:
Seriously -
  • Salvation and the freedom from sin's bondage
  • My husband
  • My children
  • My parents - they have loved me and been such an example of unconditional love (as much as is humanly possible) for me and my brother, and now for my children. They are also an example of a stable family, which is something that is becoming less and less common these days, so I'm thankful my children have both of my parents in their lives. I'm so thankful for the fact that they not only taught me about Jesus and the Bible, but they constantly talked about spiritual things and allowed me to hear and become part of the discussion. As they learned, I learned. They have given my brother and me and the next generation a great heritage.
  • My brother and his wife - we've been having such a good visit today with them and it's been fun remembering things with my brother and getting to know my sister-in-law better. We haven't always had much time to do that, so I'm thankful they chose to come down and visit this year, even though it must be difficult to be surrounded with the constant chaos my kids provide.
  • My husband's parents and family - they accepted me right from the start when they met me 14 years ago, and we've had a great relationship since. That is truly a blessing, I know. And for the great example of a stable family that they are and the way they raised Hubby and taught him to love Jesus as well.
  • Friends
  • Our home and the material provisions God supplies (food, shelter, clothing, etc.)
  • Health
  • The freedom to worship and read the Bible

Light-heartedly -

  • The turkey is thawing and the food is mostly prepared for tomorrow.
  • We almost got to see snow yesterday
  • The window on the van has been fixed and I can open and close it again.
  • Florida football and basketball (Go Gators!)
  • Beautiful fall leaves - we're actually seeing some color this year.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: