Tuesday, November 21, 2006

One of My Favorite Recipes

We have a dish that is an absolute favorite in our family - Acorn Squash Casserole. My mom found it in a newspaper article about Florida Thanksgiving and we always had it growing up. My husband loves it, so I got the recipe from Mom (thanks, Mom!!) the first time we had Thanksgiving at our house. I make it other times of the year, too, but it's a staple at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Acorn Squash Casserole
1 large acorn squash
1 small can yellow sweet corn
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 large can fried onions
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 tsp seasoned salt (or to taste)
Poke fork holes in acorn squash and cook it until soft. Discard seeds and scoop out the squash. Combine squash, corn, cheese, half of the onions, egg substitute and salt and mix well. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with the remaining onions and cook another 5 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments: