Thursday, May 03, 2007

Boo Has Discovered the Stairs

There's a baby on the move at our house. Yesterday morning the boys had great fun laughing and encouraging their little baby sister as she managed to start crawling up the stairs. They thought she was adorable as she worked her little legs and arms and got all the way to the third step before I got there to see what was so funny. And she is adorable. It’s just not the safest little hobby she could be adopting. The boys don’t realize that Boo’s not old enough yet to know how not to slip backwards down the stairs. They also don’t realize that this means she is even more mobile and none of their stuff is safe from destructo-baby now! She’ll be walking within days, I’m thinking.

Throughout the day I pulled her off the bottom stair many, many times. She’s so excited about her new skill. I’ll be putting up a baby gate just as soon as I can get one (I’m a little slow on the baby-proofing this time around). Until then, she’s keeping me on my toes, but she’s really, really happy about it! Well, she’s happy until she gets on the second step and looks around and realizes she has no idea how to get back down. Then she starts yelling. This happens several times a day.


2 comments:

Terri said...

Rebekah, How cute is Boo! Mine are well past the baby stage...Oh how I miss it at times.

BTW- I tagged you come on over and see.

Lisa Spence said...

How precious is that cute little thing, missing one sock and all! I miss those days--really, I do! Enjoy!