Saturday, May 05, 2007

Proverb for the Week

Proverbs 19:11
"The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger,
And his glory is to overlook a transgression."


D and I want to begin teaching the boys through the book of Proverbs. We are trying to be more diligent in our discipling and training of these blessings that are our children. Because of some attitudes we are seeing in each boy that we want to address early, and because of how practical the advice in Proverbs is, I kind of thought this "Proverb of the Week" might be an interesting new feature to add to my blog, too. We are going to try to choose a new verse from Proverbs on Saturday that we will begin teaching the boys during the next week.

This week, the one we've picked is a good one for me, too. I've mentioned before the struggles I have with my own temper and patience, and we are going to work on hiding this verse in our hearts this week. The boys are being typical brothers lately, and we've had some petty fighting and tendencies to be too easily offended around our house, so D and I thought this would be a fitting verse this week.

No comments: