Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Snapshot Photo Essay


These are some of the bulbs that Drew planted. I'm not sure exactly what these are, but the flowers are going to be so pretty when those buds finally open!



This one is nice - the first of the bulbs to bloom.



Must be time to mow.....the weeds are almost taller than the baby. (By the way, that little t-shirt came from Carla Rolfe's Reflections store, in case you were wondering!)



Long story here......these are bones Drew brought back from Annual Training somewhere up North once. They now live by our front porch. The one in front is a very large vertebra. For the longest time Boo would go over to that part of the porch and say, "Cat. Cat! Cat, cat, cat." She has a way of repeating herself. A lot. Until we acknowledge her. Then she'll repeat it some more. Anyway, I was so confused because I could not figure out what was making her think of cats every day. Then I looked closely, and sure enough, that bone does actually look like a cat's face. Boo must have an eye for the abstract. I never would have seen a cat there had she not pointed it out to me. It's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess.




Did I mention that it is hot? These are crayons that Boo left in her "Baby Car" this morning. One of them is already a liquid puddle and the other two are well on their way. It's just plain hot here.

2 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

I can't believe those crayons!!! That's what it was like growing up in TX, but I don't think it's been that hot here yet!

Lisa Spence said...

Girl, that's HOT! Same here, too. I'm ready for fall.