Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prayer Request Update

M's surgery went very well and very quickly this morning. He was a little weepy and disoriented as he woke up from the anesthesia and really, really wanted that thing out of his hand and had a raging sore throat, but when they called me back and let him sit in my lap while he ate a popsicle, he was ready to go home. He's been recuperating nicely today and seems to be feeling pretty good right now, though I've been warned he'll probably be hurting some tomorrow.

Last night he was a little scared about today, but we got to pray together and talk and share some scripture and I was able to leave a message for Drew to call home, and he got to talk to M also, and M was able to sleep well and didn't seem too worried this morning. He did tell me on the way home this morning, while still feeling puny, that he never wants to have surgery again. I told him I certainly hope he won't have to.

Thank you for praying for him. I am so thankful God was pleased to grant M peace last night to calm his fears (and mine, too.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well. My Noah felt the same way about the IV in his hand.

asnipofgoodness said...

So glad all is well, now we will pray for continued healing, and relief! Your love for your little one is so apparent, and the opportunity for you to pray through it will always be such a sweet memory!

Lisa Spence said...

God is good!