Tuesday, August 05, 2008

In the Car....

The other day, as we were driving around doing errands, I was surprised when J piped up from the back seat, "Mom, can you put in disc #9?"

I asked him, "Disc what? What do you mean?"

He answered, "Disc 9, from the Bible discs. That's where we left off."

He wanted to hear more of the New Testament on CD from Marquis Laughlin, which we listen to sometimes. Isn't that exciting? My 9-year-old son wanted to hear the Gospel of John being read aloud as we drove along. I think that's exciting.

And I think I'm wearing out my Casting Crowns Lifesong CD. I just really, really like it, and almost never get tired of hearing it. I also love hearing M sing along when he doesn't realize I can hear him. Here's one of our favorite songs from it:



Now that you've heard it, imagine hearing it with a little seven-year-old voice singing along in the way back of the van. Priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless, indeed. I live for those moments...wish I had more of them.