Friday, September 19, 2008

Question of the Week - Updated

Just how many Legos do two boys need before it is plain ridiculous?

Answer: I'm pretty sure we crossed that line a loooooong time ago. Two and half days of sorting Legos into boxes by color and the headache I've had for the same two and a half days, and I'm ready to throw them all away. But, except for a few minor things I need to take care of this afternoon, J's room is officially organized and neat. Three and half days, two very large and very full garbage bags and two boxes of giveaway items it has taken, but I finally can see his shelves and floor. Can someone please explain to me why he keeps pages and pages and pages that he cuts out of Lego magazines? And did you know that every pile of paper and trash that I tossed was covering even more scattered Legos? And all that mess under his bed? All trash. And more Legos. Lots of tiny little multi-colored Legos. I am having nightmares about Legos. I have come to hate Legos. Houston, we have a problem.......

But, the problem is contained now in color-coded plastic boxes -and one "people parts" box filled with little amputated Lego legs and disembodied heads and headless bodies - all stacked neatly under J's bed. And it better stay that way. Otherwise, the Legos will be meeting the trash can. This mommy is tired of Legos.

Back to the blogging break, but I'm seeing some light at the end of it....

Update: Mrs. H at Standing Firm in Quicksand has a Mind-Wandering Monday linky going, so I've linked this post to it. Check it out!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, my son has so much lego under his bed!! Mixed in with dust.

jen said...

You have no idea how familiar this sounds. Mine were teens before it ended.

Who's the nut that invented Legos anyway? Must not have had kids. :)

So how's everything coming? Moving is so hard...

Mrs. H said...

Legos! They're great! (Ok, maybe b/c I have a girl, they are more kept under wraps. We only have a few sets not hundreds ;-) The paper pictures thing - I am w/ you there on that one. My daughter will cut out the littlest pet shop ads, anything with a princess, etc. She also loves to color a coloring book page then cut out the animal/object/etc. I routinely sneak in and clean them out, as they get re-made day after day!
BTW - you should link up this post to my new "Mind Wandering Mondays" Mr. Linky. :-)