Thursday, January 25, 2007

Because My Brain Feels Like Mush, I've Written a Poem

Today I’m feeling slightly off and glum.
My writer’s block has made my mind go numb.
Our little one won’t take a nap this day,
And I must get my chores out of the way.
I dusted, swept and mopped, while round the room
Boo rolled and fussed and screamed at the vacuum.
She finally sleeps, I hear no peeps
I take some time to write this rhyme.
What’s this I see through yonder window pane?
The sun is bright, gray skies begin to wane!
When Boo awakes I think we’ll walk a while
Our trips outside can always bring a smile.
Perhaps a sunny jaunt is what I need
To fix my mood and bring me up to speed.
For now this post will have to do
My brain is tired today, it’s true.

3 comments:

Heather said...

My brain is tired today, too...may you find refreshment.

Love,
H

Anonymous said...

Yes! Hope that walk was refreshing!

Rebekah said...

Heather: Thank you, my sweet friend. I think you have valid reason for tired brain; mine is pure whining, I fear. Thanks for stopping in!

Rabbit: Well, we didn't get the walk - she napped until time to get her brothers from school. Woo-hoo!! Thanks for the well wishes!