Sunday, January 07, 2007

Some Days I Feel Like Such a Hypocrite, Part 2

I meant that prayer I prayed this morning. But not two minutes after praying it, I was wrestling with my temper over how to motivate my two rambunctious boys to get ready for church this morning. They weren't even being bad, just being little boys. I don't know why the one Sunday each month Hubby has Army duty are so exponentially harder to manage than others. I get two rowdy boys and a 7-month-old ready every weekday and out the door to take the boys to school just fine, and we leave an hour earlier those days. But, for some reason, Sundays are different. But we did manage, and I kept my temper somewhat in check, though I probably yelled too much. Again.

I struggle a lot with being consistent in parenting. And I worry too much about how I parent. I know that God is control. I am trusting Him to save my children. But I don't want to ever be a stumbling block to them. And I think I am when I frustrate them by either offering too many choices or by not being consistent.

I just read an excellent post at Following Judah's Lion about being a disciple of Christ. And he used Matthew 6:33 to illustrate that we don't need another sermon about "how to," but we need to learn to be truly devoted disciples of Jesus and seek His righteousness. Now I'm getting off the computer and going to pray - for wisdom, yes, and the grace to parent well. But also that God would continue to develop in me a hunger and thirst for His righteousness so that I would be teachable and live out what I know is true daily in front of these kids.

No comments: