Monday, July 23, 2007

Brainy Blog Quiz

You Are 70% Left Brained, 30% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.


I saw this over at Lisa’s and had to try it. I guess the results aren’t really all that surprising to me. I’m definitely more of a dog person, not so much a cat person (sorry to my brother and his wife on that one). Nothing against cats, I just like dogs better, though I’m not all that sure what that has to do with being left brained, but that’s what the little quiz said. Reading and quiet – you betcha. Absolutely.

And, while I would love to be a daringly intuitive and creative person, I’m really just not, though I suppose there are moments. Anything creative that happens to flow from my pen (keyboard) is with much sweat and effort. I do, however, have a novel I’ve been simmering since high school. It ought to be really, really good whenever (if ever) I finally get around to finishing it. I have a feeling the creative writing bug may hit again once the kids are older and I have a little more time to think again. Maybe then my left brain will loan a little energy to the right brain side for a limited time. But it probably will never be anywhere near good enough to show to anyone other than my family. So, there you have it.

Oh, and I think I am a little bit sense of humor impaired. Does that fit with the whole left brain thing? Or does that just mean I’m a little too serious sometimes? I just don’t always get the joke as quick as other people do. And I can almost never think of a clever and snappy comeback until about 2 hours later when I slap my forehead and think, “That would have been soooooo funny if only I’d said it 2 hours ago.” But sometimes I find everything funny, especially if I stay up too late. And when my husband first met me, he thought I was a “strange girl.” Long story behind that inside joke. Maybe I’ll share it some day. Maybe not. I’m rambling. Must be time to shut the computer down for the night and go read a book or watch the movie I rented and basically not think much for the rest of the night. It’s been Monday around here all day.

No comments: