Thursday, September 13, 2007

In the Car This Afternoon

J: "The whole class had to sit at recess today."
Me: "The whole class? Why?"
J: "Mrs. L. said we embarrassed her by our bad behavior at lunch. But not everybody was acting bad, just almost everybody. There were two or three of us who weren't doing anything."
Me: "So, what did you all do to have to sit out recess?"
J: "I didn't do anything."
Me: "Oookaaaayyyy, what did everyone else do?"
J: "Well, T. was doing somersaults all over the place...."
Me: "In the lunchroom??"
J: "Yeah! And everybody else was just really loud and acting up."
Me: "Oh. But you weren't doing anything?"
J: No, me and a couple other people weren't."
Me: "But all of you had to sit, huh?"
J: "Yeah."

Okee dokee. Not quite sure about all that. I am pretty sure that they don't pay Mrs. L. enough. If we paid the good teachers what they are worth, we wouldn't be able to afford it. I don't think I'd make it as a third grade teacher, it takes a pretty special kind of person to deal with somersaults in the lunchroom, etc.......

By the way, I hated those entire class penalties when I was in school. Remind me later, I've got fodder for a post about that sometime....

And then there was this after we dropped J off at Daddy's work so he could take him to piano and I could come home and fix dinner:

M: "I know why the sharks are dying out."
Me: "Why's that?"
M: "Because a lot of people like to eat them. They like shark beef."
Me: (Trying not to let him hear me giggle about 'shark beef' and vaguely remembering J telling us about shark fin soup being a delicacy somewhere while he was going through his shark obsession phase) "Where did you hear that?"
M: "I don't know. I just think it should be true."

Don't confuse him with the facts, ma'am. He thinks it should be true, so there. We have a lot of work to do around here, I'm thinkin'....... :^)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I stumbled upon your blog and think it your title SO cute and your meaning even better! Just had to tell you that enjoyed my visit. I'm planning on visiting often!