Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Mouse Died Yesterday

No, it wasn’t for lack of cheese. And, according to one of my oh-so-smart sons (I honestly cannot remember which one told me this at the moment), apparently cheese isn’t really a favorite of mice, anyway. Apparently it really makes them sick, so putting a little bit of cheese on your mouse trap wouldn’t work all that well. Who knew?

But, I digress. No, it wasn’t a real live mouse that found its demise, breathed its last, passed away, kicked the bucket at my house yesterday. It was our computer mouse. Apparently after months of suffering through Boo yanking on it thinking that everything in reach is her toy to explore, the wires finally gave out. I was in the middle of a rather thoughtful post that perhaps will be able to surface sometime soon and struggling mightily over a paragraph that I’m still not sure should even be in there, when, all of a sudden, the mouse would no longer respond at all. I was stuck. There was a draft in progress and my fingers were itching to get it finished, but no mouse. So, the post didn’t get finished, and I didn’t get to finish reading blogs yesterday, either, or check e-mail. I didn’t realize quite how serious my blogging addiction has become until I couldn’t blog for a bit. Ask my husband if I was grumpy about it last night. And, I got to spend some really quality time with Boo while he and the boys were at church last night. I stayed home because Boo had no good nap time yesterday and was already pretty cranky so we knew she’d need to go to bed soon. Anyway, we had a lot of fun playing, and, I’m ashamed to say that I probably would have squandered that fun time with her by dividing my attention between her and that post I wanted to finish if my mouse hadn’t died. Time to reset priorities again….

Anyway, I ran out this morning after dropping the boys off at school and bought a new mouse. I had to hurry, though, because we were having someone come clean the carpets today. I got home in plenty of time, my carpets are very clean (hooray!), Boo is trying to take a nap, and I can blog again. Maybe I’ll get back to that thoughtful post soon. I’ve already decided that all-day blogging is not the way for me to go (priorities, remember?), so it may take a little while, but I’ll get to it and finish it soon, I’m sure. In the meantime, no more cheese for the mouse….

No comments: