Sunday, June 17, 2007

Be Anxious For Nothing

Psalm 116:1-2
“I love the LORD, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.”

Psalm 34:1
“I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”

Philippians 4:6-9
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.”

2 Timothy 1:7
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

There is a medical procedure involving one of the kids that must be done tomorrow and I’m a little nervous about it. I’m sure everything will be fine and the procedure isn’t a really major thing, but it feels major and a little threatening when it’s your own child! I am trusting God for tomorrow, I know that He is in control, and I know His grace is sufficient no matter what tomorrow (any of our “tomorrows,” not just this particular one) brings. But my mommy’s heart still feels a little fearful even though deep down I do have a peace about it. That’s all I want to say about it, but it would be nice if anyone is reading this if you’d pray for my little one and me on Monday. Thank you!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I will definitely offer up a prayer for you and your sweet one tomorrow. It does feel totally different when it's your child.

Great verses that I really needed to be reminded of right now. Thank you for sharing.

Heather said...

Prayed for you this morning...I remember my distress both when #3 had her ears done (twice!) and especially when #4 broke his leg and I wasn't there!

Be kept in perfect peace.

Love,
Heather

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

There is no such thing as minor when it comes to our children...praying for you and your little one - may God's peace flood your soul today.

Lisa Spence said...

Praying He Himself will be your peace...

Kim said...

I am praying for you and your little one today.

Kim