Sunday, June 24, 2007

Worthy is the Lamb



This is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written, in my opinion. It always brings me to tears as I think on our glorious Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ who is the Lamb who is worthy of our most excellent praise.

Revelation 5:12
“…Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

Revelation 5:13
“…Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

1 comment:

Rick Frueh said...

I can remember listening to that in 1975, just before and after I was saved, and I could not put into words what I felt about Jesus. I am tearing up right now as I think of Him...Him, seated on a throne of glory and being worshipped by all creatures.

It is impossible to fully comprehend the glory of our Risen Christ, the Lamb that was slain, but it is not impossible to realize we can't. And in that futuristic mystery, I bow down and count myself as an unprofitable servant, but a worshipful servant nonetheless. By His grace and His grace alone. Selah...