Monday, June 18, 2007

Update on Our Little Boo

Today was an exhausting day and I’m tired since I didn’t sleep well at all last night. But little Boo came through everything fine – it was the sedation I was worried about, and she did well. I won’t know the results of the testing that was done until I talk to her doctor after he sees the report, but I’m sure it will be okay. I got to hold her while they put her to sleep, and the absolutely hardest part for me was watching her scream while they put the IV needle in her hand and then the look of sheer terror on her face when she felt the sting of the sedative going in. I have never seen her look so terrified, and her scared little scream tore me up. I held her really tight and told her she’d be okay over and over until she fell asleep and I had to go out in the waiting room for the two hours of the testing. I also felt sort of silly because I could not quit crying while she was screaming. It is so hard to have to let someone hurt your little one when she is not old enough to understand that it is necessary for her own good. She just knew Mommy was holding her while this person she didn’t know was scaring her silly and hurting her. I am so incredibly glad she won’t have any memory of that moment, because I sure will.

Whew. But she perked up pretty quickly after her initial grogginess, and she’s been crawling around babbling and exploring everything ever since we got home.

Also, my nervousness about driving in the city an hour away from home and finding the medical center ended up okay, too. I found it in plenty of time for the appointment and without too much confusion. We didn't know when this appointment was scheduled that Hubby wouldn't be home from his Army annual training in time to drive us down there and be with me, but my mother-in-law went with me, so I had good support today, and Hubby will be home soon.

Thank you for praying, and we’re still trusting the Lord with whatever the results will be once we hear them.

6 comments:

Terri said...

I am behind on all my blogging so I didn't know about little Boo...I completely relate to how you felt. I am glad Boo recovered quickly. I know His grace will be sufficient as you wait on the test results. Blessings, Terri

Lisa Hellier said...

It is indeed a despairing thing to a parent's heart when we have to allow a hurt to come to our child. Yet another peek into the very heart of God when He allows hurts in our lives.

I'm thankful for your report of how she's doing. Will continue to pray for positive conclusions.

Anonymous said...

I cried the first time my little ones had to get shots...not as big a deal as sedation and invasive procedures, but I still cried and felt so silly for it. I'll say a prayer for Boo, too.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Glory to God for such a great report on the procedure. Praying you will be able to rest in His Peace while you wait . . .

g said...

Oh Rebekah,
That truly is one of the hardest things... so glad to hear your child is doing fine.

Praying for you and your family,
Lisa

Lisa Spence said...

Thanks for the update...praying God will continue to show Himself faithful to you and your precious little one...

Totally change of subject, sorry if it's inappropriate, but I've tagged you, with absolutely no pressure to participate, 'k?