Wednesday, February 06, 2008

4 Things

Lisa has tagged me with this, thus kindly providing me blog material for one more day. Thank you, Lisa! Here goes:

4 JOBS I'VE HAD
(that pay money)
1. Chick-fil-A – while on breaks during college
2. Clerk and then a claims examiner for an HMO
3. Speech Pathologist-in-training for a public elementary school while I worked to complete my master’s degree (I quit once I realized I HATED it and I threw up every morning before going to work and quit graduate school once I finished that semester, too. That was proof that I could have very good grades in the classroom and clinic but still not be suited for that particular career)
4. Secretary for Lutheran Outdoor Ministries of Florida

4 MOVIES I'VE WATCHED OVER AND OVER
1. The Chronicles of Narnia
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
3. The Princess Bride (I can quote lots of lines from this one!)
4. A Christmas Story

4 SHOWS I WATCH
1. LOST – this is the only one I really hate to miss. I am so incredibly hooked and was very glad it is back – 8 months was a long time to wait after last season’s ending!!! By the way, I keep hoping we’ll finally get some solid answers – it seems that for every question answered, at least 15 more are raised…..I have so much more to say on that, but I’ll save it for a possible future blog post.
2. Monk
3. Psych
4. Myth-Busters (Apparently I mostly like shows with one-word titles. Interesting. I almost put Sesame Street because Boo loves Elmo and friends, but she's really the one watching while I use it shamelessly as a distraction so I can get a few things done in the morning)

4 PLACES I'VE BEEN
I’m really a homebody, but….
1. New York City (high school choir trip with church)
2. Indiana
3. Sanibel Island, FL
4. San Francisco, CA

4 PEOPLE WHO EMAIL ME REGULARLY
1. Our Sunday School prayer list coordinator
2. My husband
3. My sister-in-law
4. Amazon.com, Ligonier, Answers in Genesis, Kohl’s, Target, Truth for Life devotionals, a certain friend who still forwards every crazy e-mail that comes along

4 FAVORITE THINGS TO EAT
1. Italian food
2. Nachos
3. Chocolate chip cookies with milk
4. Popcorn (on the stove or from the movies)

4 PLACES I'D RATHER BE
1. Actually, I’d really rather just be home – can you believe I can finally say that about my island wilderness??? (still working on a post about that, by the way)
2. Sanibel Island
3. Disney World because the kids haven’t ever been, but October would be my preferred time of year to do so – not quite as hot and hopefully not as crowded (ha! ha! ha!)
4. I used to think I wanted to go back to Brandon, FL, but I’m finally realizing that going back probably wouldn’t be the same as when we lived there before, so maybe not….

4 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS YEAR
1. Boo is turning 2 (Well, not really looking forward to it, but it's happening anyway - how in the world is time going so fast?? I am not ready for her to leave babyhood!!!!!!)
2. Taking the kids to the beach this summer, which I never got around to last summer with Boo being so little and Drew being gone so much
3. Spring! Surely it will be here soon, in fact the weather has been so crazy it kind of feels like spring already……(by the way, my husband ordered some tulips that will arrive when it is time to plant them – we live too far south to plant them before winter like normal people do – wasn’t that nice of him?)
4. Getting more involved at our new church and enjoying, and wanting to faithfully apply, the wonderful, solid Bible teaching we are hearing week after week!

I am also supposed to tag 4 people to continue this, but I really don’t know who to tag, so if you want to play along, please let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I ran across your blog today, and thought you would like to have my sisters blog for Christan ladies!
alabasterboxblog.wordpress.com
inlovewithchrist.wordpress.com
tearose.wordpress.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen Lost, but I enjoy Monk, Psych, and MythBusters, too!

Anonymous said...

We're Disney World annual passholders and we've found the two BEST times to visit are:

February and
The week just AFTER Thanksgiving. This one is my favorite, because all the Thanksgiving people are gone, the Christmas decorations are EVERYWHERE and the Christmas vacationers haven't arrived yet.

For both, the lines are SHORT - REAL short - and the weather is cool. (okay, it's 80 degrees, but it's cooler than 98 with a humidity level that tops 100!)

p.s. I got tagged too!

Lisa Spence said...

Thanks for playing, my friend!