Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some More Randomness From the Sweet Tea Front Porch

I found a new recipe for sourdough bread that I am trying today. I've got the "sponge" setting up right now. I learned all kinds of new sourdough baking jargon reading that site. My last recipe never turned out sour enough, and it turns out that's because I was using store-bought yeast. Apparently real sourdough bakers do not do that but just rely on the starter and the yeast it naturally gathers from the air - the purest, and old fashioned way of baking bread. You can tell I am new to all this. We'll see how this bread turns out.

Lisa at Deo Volente has kindly bestowed an award to my blog. I still feel funny about the fact that people actually read this! But I have to say that I must award it right back to her - she is one of the many women I have found who enjoy writing about their walk with the Lord and she is so transparent about struggles that her words have often meant a lot to me. She does have an excellent blog.

Here are a few other bloggers (though not a complete list of those I read and am encouraged by) who I think have excellent blogs and whose writing often encourages me:

Lisa
Leslie
Carla
Elle
Heather
Kim
Connie

And three that I read often but very seldom have the courage to comment on:

Pyromaniacs
Dan Phillips
Centuri0n


I finished reading the book Peace Like a River by Leif Enger, which I mentioned the other day. When I got the end my reaction was, "Wow." I had to sit and digest it a bit. I liked this book. The ending was not at all what I was expecting and that is ALL I will say about that. At first when I read the jacket flap I thought they had given too much information, but, no, it was still a surprise. Very well written, too.

The weather is just plain weird this winter. We'll have one very cold day then the next it is hot. It is hard to know what to expect from day to day. But, Boo and I managed four laps around the block this morning- thank you, Boo, for enjoying the stroller today, Mommy needs to walk off some of this excess weight!

And one more random thought before I finish this post: I just want to say publicly how much I love my husband. God blessed me much with him, much more than I deserve, and I am grateful.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Thanks Rebekah! I am so thankful for the community of Christian women we have via blogging!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rebekah! I'm very thankful for your blog. You have challenged me and encouraged me many times.

Heather said...

Thank you, Beck!

Love,
Heather