Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kid Quote of the Day

I went to an all-day conference for women yesterday at our church (9am-3pm). Our pastor’s wife teaches a Bible study she calls “Mothering From the Heart” that usually is taught over a course of 5 weeks, but she decided to have a “Mothering From the Heart Marathon” yesterday to give some of us who are newer to the church and have not yet heard the material an opportunity to do so.

Anyway, yesterday was wonderful, and perhaps I’ll blog some about it in the future. But for today, I had to share this:

Yesterday afternoon, once I was home, my oldest son, Monk, and I were talking. He asked me, “What were you doing today, anyway?”

I told him it was a Bible study at church.

He said, “What was it about?”

“About how to be a better mom, and to apply biblical principles to how I act as a mom,” I explained.

“Well, did you learn anything?” He asked very earnestly. (subtext probably being, "I sure hope you learned something.....")

I laughed and told him, yes, I learned a whole lot.

1 comment:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Ha...I love what he said...isn't it amazing what comes out of the mouths of our children!!

I'm glad you were able to attend the marathon!!