Monday, February 04, 2008

Random Monday Thoughts

-Saw this one at Heather's blog and am using it for basically the same reason: it's Monday:



You Are a Cappuccino

You're fun, outgoing, and you love to try anything new.
However, you tend to have strong opinions on what you like.
You are a total girly girly at heart - and prefer your coffee with good conversation.
You're the type that seems complex to outsiders, but in reality, you are easy to please



I don't think I have ever tried a cappuccino (shocking, I know), not sure how outgoing I really am (go ahead and laugh right now, those of you who know me in real life), and I'm not really all that adventurous when it comes to new things, but the rest is pretty accurate, I think.


-I noticed from sitemeter that I'm still getting hits about that James Dobson e-mail hoax. Don't you wish people would stop sending mindless e-mail forwards? I know I do.


-I also noticed that someone found my blog by Googling "listen to good preaching online." I don't know if they found what they were looking for but, here's my favorites! John MacArthur (Grace to You) and Alistair Begg (Truth for Life). I am grateful for the radio ministries of both of these men, because I have learned so much by listening for the past several years. Especially during my wilderness time here, I have so appreciated them as a needed resource for biblical preaching when I have felt so dry. (Things are getting better here on that front, though - I might blog about that later).

-The vultures are back. They must like to be here in January. They really are grotesque. Even my oldest son is creeped out by them. He told me the other day they could pick up him or his brother and sister and carry them off if they wanted to. I told him I believe they only eat dead things. Eww.


-Why is it that scraps of paper that have no value at all (like ticket stubs or phone numbers with no name attached so that I've forgotten who will answer if I dial them or Publix receipts, etc.) seem to survive my every attempt at purging the paper mess that is my desk and will live here for long periods of time - sometimes even returning after I am sure I have thrown them away, but important things like the envelope we're supposed to mail back our Blockbuster online movie has managed to disappear? I know I did not throw it away, so, where is it, I ask? On a side note, do you think if my husband just walks the naked disc in to the local Blockbuster without the slip or envelope, they will take it and give it a new envelope and mail it back in for us? Or will they give him a hard time when he does just that today?


And now I must stop randomly thinking and go wake Boo up from her nap so I can go to M's class and help with a craft project like his teacher asked me to do. That will be fun. I hope Boo thinks so, too.

1 comment:

The Open Range Camping Family said...

I think that is a cool way for someone to find your blog. I have been staying up to date on the grace to you's -- thanks to my little ipod and the fact that they are free :) I LOVED his series on Daniel....