Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Update

So, apparently my body does not tolerate ampycillan well. I spent almost all of yesterday flat on my back with a steadily worsening, excrutiatingly painful headache. I thought at first it might be my same old sinus trouble, but it just got worse and worse and nothing would help it. I finally got Drew to Google it for side effects and headache is listed but not really specified. I quit taking it and by the evening I thought I might actually live and not need to go to the emergency room. (It had been growing that bad!) By this morning I was okay enough to go to church, though I still have some residual pain behind my eyes and along the back of my head.

What a way to welcome home my husband after 5 weeks! Bummer.

But, this morning was so worth being there for. The music was worshipful and the Word was preached and taught, and we were with fellow believers. A good morning, indeed.

Here's one of the hymns we sang, and I never can sing it without crying. Especially when we get to the last verse.

Crown Him With Many Crowns

Crown Him with many crowns,
The Lamb upon His throne;
Hark! How the heav'nly anthem drowns
All music but its own;
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King
Thro' all eternity.

Crown Him the Lord of life,
Who triumphed o'er the grave,
And rose victorious in the strife
For those He came to save;
His glories now we sing
Who died, and rose on high,
Who died eternal life to bring,
And lives that death may die.

Crown Him the Lord of peace,
Whose pow'r a scepter sways
From pole to pole, that wars may cease
And all be pray'r and praise;
His reign shall know no end,
And round His pierced feet
Fair flow'rs of paradise extend
Their fragrance ever sweet.

Crown Him the Lord of love;
Behold His hands and side,
Those wounds yet visible above,
In beauty glorified;
All hail, Redeemer, hail!
For Thou has died for me:
Thy praise and glory shall not fail
Thro'out eternity.

2 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

Oh Rebecca, very sorry to hear that the strep crud became complicated by antibiotic side effects. Warning: unsolicited advice about to follow. Please check with your doctor about a replacement antibiotic so you can be sure the strep has left. Maybe you're allergic to penicillin?

Hoping, praying that you will be very well, very soon!

Rebekah said...

Thank you, Elle. Your advice is welcomed and I already called my doctor this morning. My original strep quick test was negative on Wednesday, but they sent out a culture because my son's was the same and his culture was positive. I was on the antibiotic as a precaution until we could get the results today. Turns out I didn't have strep, so I can stay off the meds. I think we had a virus and strep going through the house, because Boo's wasn't strep, either, we think. So now I don't know if my reaction was part of the virus or really a reaction to the medication, but I am just extremely thankful to be feeling better today!

Thank you for praying!