Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow!

Yesterday when I woke up and looked out the window, there was snow falling. The boys were so excited, and after church there was enough for them to make snow balls and pelt each other with them. The weather channel says we're getting more tonight, and the weather may be bad enough tomorrow to close the schools. Oh boy.

I took some pictures on my cell phone, but I'm so technologically lame I can't figure out how to download them to my computer. I would have shared them here, honest. I can't even figure out how to e-mail them to my home computer. I'm such a dork.

I think a new digital camera is at the top of my 'to buy soon' list.

Anyway, the kids are thrilled to finally have snow this winter. You know what was really sad? My mother-in-law told me it was snowing back home on 'the island' the other day when I was telling her how bummed the boys were that it wasn't snowing here. Of course it was just flurries, but I thought that was kind of ironic, considering that there was not one flurry there the entire five winters that my boys hoped so hard for some.

If it does what the weather people are predicting tonight and tomorrow, however, I think we'll have our snow fix, thank you.

Oh, and, by the way, so far everyone around here is feeling pretty good, in case anyone was wondering. Maybe it really was just too much sweetness and bacon, after all.

No comments: