Friday, April 27, 2007

That I May Proclaim His Praises

Jude 24-25
“Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.”

I mentioned in my last post that I often ask myself, “Who am I to say these things?” when writing on my blog. Then I got to thinking. Here’s who I am: I am the adopted child of the King. God has redeemed me from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13; Galatians 4:5), and I’ve been called out of darkness into his marvelous light that I may proclaim His praises (1 Peter 2:9). Not that I have already attained perfection, but I press on toward the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:12-14). He will complete the work He has begun in me, to the praise of His glory (Philippians 1:6). That is who I am! So, while there are times (so many times) I have to go to my gracious Heavenly Father in repentance and ask forgiveness when I sin, he is faithful and just to forgive my sin and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to me, He will present me faultless before the throne.

I suppose that if I were to wait until I had perfected faith, I wouldn’t write at all, because I won’t be glorified until I die or Jesus takes me home and I know Him fully as I am known. Until then, I want to press on and grow in grace, living humbly before my God, with a teachable, moldable heart, repenting as He shines His light on my sin, and seasoning my words with grace, love and truth.

1 comment:

Rick Frueh said...

And if you would keep silent the very rocks would cry out with His praise. And they were only stained with His blood, we were washed!