Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Peek Through the Archives

Lisa has tagged me with a meme that says I need to pick 5 posts from my archives for the categories listed. This was much harder to do than I thought it would be. I had fun looking over old posts, but it was hard to choose specific ones for this meme. I even found quite a few posts still in draft form that will probably stay there. It probably won't surprise anyone who has been reading my blog that I couldn't choose just one post for most of the categories. Brief and concise are not exactly my forte. I tend to be kind of wordy.....

One of the most unexpected niceties that has happened as a result of blogging has been all the people I've gotten to 'meet' through our blogs. Most of us live so far away it isn't possible to be 'real' friends in the sense of knowing each other the way you know your 'face-to-face' friends, but it's so nice to connect with the ever widening blogging community I've come across since starting this little blog in October 2006. There is an encouraging group of sisters and brothers who love Jesus and like sharing their thoughts with us on the internet, and I treasure those 'internet' friends for the encouragement their shared thoughts bring. I have been so encouraged by comments all along the way, and it's nice to know you all are out there!

Here is a little snippet from my virtual front porch:

Family: I wrote a potentially controversial mommy post last year which kind of sums up some of the things I've been thinking about recently, so this is a good time to link to it. I also have to share how much I love my husband. And then there was the post where I explained the goofy nicknames I use for our kids on the blog. And I couldn't leave out a mention of my daring boys, either.

Friends: This one is all about how I hate to say, "Good-bye." My husband is actually my best friend, so here's another post about how thankful I am for him. :^)

Me: The sidebar has some links about me, but I also have one that demonstrated my ineptitude in the kitchen and another that let's everyone know I'm a dork and another where I explore the hypocrite in me, though if I were to write that post today it would be different. I am so very thankful for God's grace and the growing in sanctification He is producing in me. Looking back over the archives was encouraging in that way for me to see what I was thinking and writing about a year or so ago and where I am today.

Something I love: By discussing dinosaurs with the boys I got to post about my passion for reading/studying the Bible and understanding God's wonderful redemption plan from creation to revelation. How exciting it is when I get to see a glimpse of how the Lord is working in my kids' hearts. The amazing and glorious grace of God in sending His Son, Jesus to cleanse us and save us and reconcile us to Him, what blessed hope! May I ever grow to love Him more.

Anything I like: The obligatory Florida Gators mention, a LOST gloat, and an example of goofy poetry, which is actually quite fun to write when the mood strikes (and I like being Mom, too).

Whew. That took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it was fun. I'm continuing my recent habit of dropping of the proverbial meme ball and not naming specific people to tag. Consider yourself tagged if you're reading this - please let me know if you play along!

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

Thanks for playing along! And, for the record, I'm thinking I don't much like the vacuum beast either as it rarely sees the light of day...

:-)