Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Practical Mom's Dictionary, Installment #7

Haven't done one of these in a long time. Only one entry for today:

Willpower: There are 6 gooey butter cookies left. I want one. I have 3 children. If I do not take one, they will evenly divide between the 3 children. So, my options, as I see them at the moment are to eat three cookies, leaving one each for the children; eat one cookie and suffer the consequences later when the 5 cookies that are left do not divide evenly; eat no cookies right now and stay in line with the fact that I'd really like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight....I'm talking to the weight way back to before the first one, losing that extra 12 pounds I've been carrying for, lo, these past 10 years. I'm choosing that last one. And that, my friends, is willpower.

No comments: