Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Linking to Good Reading

I have a lot of thoughts I'm working through, but nothing blogable just yet (is "blogable" a word?). I'm digesting some of what I'm reading in Desiring God, and, though I'm not sure I'll blog about it in detail since I'm not all that great at doing "book reviews" per se, I'm very glad I'm getting to read this book and I am appreciating how it points my thinking to a higher view of God.

Since I'm having a hard time writing anything myself today, here are some posts I've appreciated recently.

This one from Sojourner is along the same lines as I'm thinking, but ever so much better than I could have expressed it, and I notice Lisa has linked to it as well.

This is the first part of a four part series on prayer from Pulpit Magazine that I really appreciated. Start with the post I linked and read all four posts, they are all good.

And this post about praying for the lost is also a must read.

And this one about growing up Christian was also something that hit close to home for me. I grew up in a Christian home and am now raising children in one, and I can relate to the things discussed in this post. Definitely food for thought as we seek to be wise parents and as I examine my own heart.

Two from Team Pyro this week that were especially meaningful to me are this one and very much this one. The second is probably the best post I've read from anyone in a while.

And Carla has a good post about something that is a sore spot for me, too.

So, thanks for joining me on my Wednesday walk around some interesting blogs.

3 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

I will be checking out your links. I do think that bloggable is becoming a word. And, I tagged you because curiosity is part of who I am.

Carla Rolfe said...

I'm glad you found that post useful. It's a huge pet peeve of mine, and has been for many years as it just gets worse all the time.

~Robyn~ said...

I will be checking out these links, thanks for some inspired reading.