Monday, July 07, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was a good day. I am so thankful for a church where the Word is preached and taught faithfully and where we are encouraged to grow and apply God's word to our lives and to share the gospel. M has been telling us for a while now that he is ready to be baptized. He has trusted Jesus as His Savior, and now he is ready to express this publicly before the church. I told him that when he was ready we would either make an appointment to talk to the pastor first or he could go forward at the end of the service and then make an appointment. Yesterday during the invitation time, M told me he wanted to go forward right then, so Drew took him down front. M will be talking with the pastor soon. I am so thankful that God is working in my son's heart and that he is sensitive to the Lord's calling. So very thankful. I pray that Drew and I will be faithful to train these children well in the Lord.

Yesterday evening we had a church-wide picnic then a concert by The King's Brass. It was so good! We're ordering some CD's - I loved the music last night, and the fellowship with our church family was sweet, too. Even Boo enjoyed the music. She sat on my lap just soaking it in for the first hour. After that, she was done and we had to take turns walking her around the lobby, but I'm really glad we stayed and heard that good music. If you ever get a chance to hear them, take the opportunity. I love to hear brass bands, and this was top notch.

1 comment:

Spirit of Adoption said...

ahhh! Praise God!!!!! And I'll have to check out that music! : )