Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Good Word from Al Mohler

This is a good article from Al Mohler about the school speech controversy. Nice to see a reasoned response when so many tend to knee-jerk. To be fair, however, this administration brings the knee-jerk response upon itself with its tendency to secrecy and seeming unwillingness to listen to those who do not agree. Dr. Mohler makes some excellent points about the cult of personality that has been built up around this president, and why that fuels much of distrust. Again I say that I really believe most of the hooplah and concern over this speech really shows how many of us just do not trust our president. He, frankly, frightens us. But, I am thankful for Dr. Mohler's willingness to look into the issues and controversies and try to have a reasoned response. I read the text of the speech online yesterday, and if that is truly the speech that will be given, I don't really have a problem with it. However, I do NOT like the "I Pledge" video that is mentioned in Dr. Mohler's article.

Thank you Dr. Mohler, for being willing to help us think through the things that are in the news and culture.

No comments: