Sunday, February 28, 2010

Memorable Quotes

“Although my memory’s fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.” - John Newton in the movie Amazing Grace


The longer I walk with Jesus, the more this is my heart’s cry. What amazing grace we have been shown.


“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am.” - John Newton


I relate to this, too. I am not yet what I want to be, but I have a great and mighty Savior, a compassionate High Priest who is able to save to the uttermost those who are His by faith, He will be faithful to complete what He started in me.


Do you intend to use your beautiful voice to praise the Lord....or change the world?” - said to William Wilberforce in the movie Amazing Grace.


I believe that with his successful lifelong effort to end the slave trade in England, he chose to do both.

1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

I love that movie! One of my favorites!