Tuesday, March 30, 2010

They Are New Every Morning

"Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him.'"
Lamentations 3:22-24

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:14-16

I don't know about you, but after the last few days I've had, sometimes even wishing I could have a 'do over,' I find these truths quite comforting. Rather than spinning up to worry about some things that I am very tempted to fret about, I can rest tonight, and I can get up tomorrow, Lord willing, ready for a new day. Amazing grace!

2 comments:

Lisa writes... said...

What exceedingly great and precious promises!!!!

Pam said...

Thank you! I so needed that this morning! : )