Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Thankfulness

Since the blogging break is something of a non-existent, yet sporadic thing, and I’m not sure I’ll get around to a Thankful Thursday post tomorrow, and since I’m feeling thankful at the moment, here are some things I’m thankful for today:

Thankful for breakfast with some friends today at Panera. Breakfast was more than just breakfast. It was conversation, some much needed perspective, and even more needed laughter. What a gift, the joy of laughter! I’m so thankful for the gift of Christian friends and the answer to prayer they are. God is so very kind to us.


Thankful for the blessing of my husband. He understands me better than anyone I know and he loves me in spite of that.


Thankful Handel wrote the Messiah. I wonder if we’ll get to sing “Worthy is the Lamb” in Heaven one day. Either way, I love to be encouraged to worship with those words and that music here and now.


Thankful for our church. Praying for wisdom as we will be in search of a new pastor, but so very thankful for the strong leadership who remain.


Thankful for Wednesday night choir practice. It’s something I look forward to each week. I’m even thankful we get to work on Christmas music this early.


Thankful that Fall is on the way. My favorite time of year. If only I could find pumpkin in my grocery store. I may have to learn to actually cook a real pumpkin in order to make the pie my son loves so much this year. Who am I kidding, I like it even more than he does.


Thankful for the grace of God which is sufficient, so abundantly sufficient, in my weakness.


Thankful that though weeping may endure for the night, joy comes in the morning.


Thankful that in the midst of weeping, I never have to lose sight of the peace that passes all understanding and the joy that is mine in Jesus.


Thankful for hope that is sure.


“Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when he raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come.


And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.” Ephesians 1:15-23


“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:3



No comments: